Life


Thursday, February 14, 2013

Tofu Mayo

Many of the tofu mayo recipes I looked at were very similar. I'm not good at measuring (I dump, pour, squirt and pinch instead of using measuring spoons), so I tried to guesstimate what I used for this recipe. It was somewhat lemony, but I thought it was good. If it's too much, you can always add less. A little sriacha would definitely add a little heat. That's what I did to the tuna salad I made and it was yummy.

Ingredients (makes about 8 ounces):
  • 1/2 block morinu tofu (6 ounces)
  • 1/8-1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon mustard (I used Annie's dijon)
  • 1/2-1 teaspoon agave nectar
  • 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 super small lemon (1-1 1/2 tbs juice, not the whole lemon;))
  • 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt 
Directions:
Put all items in your blender or food processor and blend until super smooth. I have the small container (48 ounces) for my Vitamix and this was almost too little of an amount for blending I think because of the consistency but it still blended like a dream. Obviously store in the refrigerator and use relatively quickly and if it smells weird or starts growing things, don't eat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment