Life


Saturday, February 4, 2012

Barbecue Pizza with Tempeh and Vegetables


Ingredients:
Barbeque sauce (I used Amy's organic spicy barbeque sauce)
Sauteed onions and mushrooms
Tempeh (I used 1/2 a package of Trader Joe's three grain tempeh and marinated in a bit of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and garlic. I then sauteed it before adding it to the pizza)
Pizza dough (I used 1/2 of a package of prepared dough from Whole Foods, I'll post a homemade version at another time)
Cheese

So, I basically made this pizza to save several foods that were going to go bad. I used a nine inch cake pan and put the dough in the bottom and then layered the rest of the layers on top. The amount of toppings someone decides to put on is up to them. I have yet to cook this pizza because I put it in the freezer to save for a later date. I'll put a new picture up of how it looks when it is cooked and let you know if it actually tastes good. I'll cook at 375 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment