Life


Friday, February 24, 2012

Apple Crisp Pie


Ingredients:
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced (I used organic)
4 Gala apples, peeled and sliced (I used organic)
1/4-1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoon. cornstarch
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 pie crust ( I cheated and used a pre-made crust, but when I'm not feeling lazy I use Crisco's recipe of Crisco, flour, salt and cold water)

Crisp topping:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4-1/2 cup nuts (I used pecans)

Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients together for the pie and pour into the prepared crust (This is enough for a deep dish pie- I lined the pan with parchment paper so I could take the pie out). In a separate bowl, mix all of the ingredients together for the crisp. The mixture should be somewhat crumbly. Put the crisp mixture on top of the pie and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown. I'll be posting later how I actually finished and served the pie. A popular crazy cake idea made the wheels in my head start spinning. I hope it turns out, I'll found out in a day if it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment