Life


Sunday, October 6, 2013

Concerned Noosa Yoghurt Consumer...



I was at the store a few days ago and I noticed that almost all of the containers of Noosa on the shelf at a local Kroger were extremely swollen and looked like they were ready to explode. Some of the containers were expired (shame on Kroger) but some of them were not. I looked at the bottom of a raspberry one and it looked like the fruit was bubbling and the yogurt had separated. Pretty gross. It concerns me because Chobani just had a major recall within the past month because some of their yogurt was contaminated with something. I felt obligated to let Noosa know, so I took a couple of pictures and sent them an email the other day. I haven't received a response yet, but if something is going on (which it obviously appears to be) I thought that they should know. I didn't tell the managers at Kroger, but I pulled several containers off the shelf and put them on the milk below so that they would see they had expired and ready-to-explode yogurt on the shelves. Has anyone else noticed this? Are they going to have a recall as well?


UPDATE (10/7/2013):
Noosa responded today with the following email, to me it shows they care about the quality of their product and customer satisfaction:

G'day S.,
  We are thrilled you're a Noosa fan but very bummed to find out that the
  yoghurts at your local Kroger store were not up to our normal standard of
  quality! We take product quality very seriously and will be speaking with
  your store to investigate the issue. In the meantime please write us back
  with your mailing address so that we can send you some coupons to say
  thanks for letting us know! We appreciate the photos you provided, the
  information from the lids should help us investigate further.

  Thank you again for letting us know, we are looking into the issue as we
speak!


Cheers,

Noosa Yoghurt

I responded with my information and a short time later:

G'day S.,
Ta (Aussie for thanks) for the address and again for contacting us. Your coupons are on the way!

Cheers,
Noosa Yoghurt

12 comments:

  1. I just had to throw out two bulging containers i noticed in my fridge today. Which is unfortunate because it's like throwing $5 in the trash. What's up with the bulging containers? I bought at Cub Foods MN.
    Rochelle Hill
    Miellechat@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely let Noosa know. I never heard back as to why it was happening (I would still like to know why it did), but the coupons were reimbursement for the ones I did purchase.

      Delete
  2. I am experiencing the same issue. I just wrote to them. Kind of nerve-wracking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, purchased in Los Alamos, NM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is somewhat disconcerting. I hope you hear something back from them.

      Delete
  4. I just saw the same thing at Target in Georgia and pointed it out to the guy stocking the shelves. Looks like it was the newest batch with a January 5 date. Seemed to be mostly the blueberry ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noosa is garbage ... They use powder milk .. They have run expired fruit ... Don't eat this stuff lol fucking gross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? They absolutely do not. They operate on a dairy farm and get the milk directly from happy cows. I've been there and seen it with my own two eyes:)

      Delete
  6. I just went into Ralphs in Brentwood, CA., and see they're discontinued Noosa. I bought the 7 remaining cartons but will want more in the future...Where can I purchase it , locally?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found this thread searching through Google to see if this was normal. My local Walmart ALWAYS has Noosa expired on their shelves but there was a few that was not expired. But it looks separated and watery still. I hate that I learned the hard way by buying $15 worth of expired yogurt to throw out, but the expiration date on this is still valid, why does it still look bad. Can I still eat it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wife had an allergic reaction. I found this site by looking for any noosa recalls. This is what I found. Hi guys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same here. This is the only yogurt I will eat. I absolutely love it. N. Choquette BX 326 Oneida, New York 13421

    ReplyDelete