Life


Monday, March 11, 2013

Tofu Sour Cream

I looked up several vegan sour cream recipes and they were all very similar. These are the proportions I ended up using in the end, I think. As I've mentioned before I'm not much for measuring, except for when it comes to baked goods and then I'm all about using a scale. I made this today to go with some vegan/vegetarian chili and vegetarian cornbread (check out The Post Punk Kitchen web site and the corn bread recipe- I used honey nulling the vegan aspect, white whole wheat instead of AP flour and tossed in some frozen corn. It turned out great). I think I used a little too much vinegar this time, solely based on the reaction of my brother when he tasted the sour cream, but it was still edible. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients when making a recipe. Cooking is about experimentation.

Ingredients:
1 package mori-nu silken tofu
1 tablespoon canola oil, or another lightly flavored oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice (or just the juice of one small lemon)
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Blend all ingredients until super smooth in a blender or food processor. Refrigerate for at least an hour before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment