Life


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Island Paradise Muffins



This past weekend my sister-in-law brought over some really ripe bananas to make some banana bread. Low and behold, she left them without making the bread. I decided to make them Sunday morning and take her some in the afternoon. I had a pineapple sitting on the counter and thought, hmmm.... banana pineapple muffins. I thought some more and decided banana pineapple coconut nut muffins would be even better. I was going to call them that on here, with that very original name, but my sister-in-law insisted on calling them Island Paradise Muffins because that's what they remind her of. It doesn't take much to convince me. They were really popular and I'll be making a second batch tomorrow. So here they are.

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or any combo of the two)
  • 3 super ripe bananas (mushed)
  • 1 cup fresh pineapple chopped/diced
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened shredded/sliced coconut
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions:
In a bowl mix the first 7 ingredients until combined. In a second bowl (or if you're lazy like me, on top of the liquids) mix the rest of the ingredients. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients until incorporated. Put the batter into a greased bread pan or muffin pan. It should make one normal sized loaf or about 18 muffins. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes and then remove from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment